Sunday, February 7, 2010

And Another Season is Gone

I'll be the first to admit. I wanted the Colts to win. I like Peyton. I wanted to see him solidify his legacy as, arguably, the best quarterback in NFL history. I wanted to say, "I watched him become great." not that I haven't, but, I think, this would have been IT. Now, despite Dustin's hatred for the player, he's still a great quarterback. But today, he wasn't the best in Miami.

I'll also be the first to admit that the Saints played a great game. The first quarter as an exception, Drew Brees was unstoppable. He threaded what had, until tonight, been a highly underrated Colts defense. Tonight, Brees made them look overrated.

The Saints coaching was far superior tonight. Sean Payton (former offensive coordinator in Dallas--just thought I'd throw that in there) was gutsy--that onside kick to start the second half, wow! He found the right matchups at the right times.

So, congrats Who Dat nation. Your team can no longer be called the 'Aints. 3 wins this post-season. 2 in the previous 42 years. That's a team of destiny if there ever was one. Bourbon street will be partying till the wee hours of Thursday morning. Then, there will be a few hours of rest before Mardi Gras begins to rock the streets. This is gonna be a very, very long party.

So now, another football season is over. This year, there's not even a probowl to "look forward to" (in quotations because...who really looks forward to the probowl?). Football is over 'till August and there's only one happy team.

Now...as one of the 31 unhappy teams, my Cowboys can take this away from this season: 3 victories over the Eagles. First playoff win in 13 years AND we beat the SuperBowl champions at home when they were at their peak in the regular season. Definitely somethings to build on.

So this doesn't come out to be about the Cowboys...Again, CONGRATS WHO DAT!

3 comments:

  1. What do you call 52 millionaires in Texas sitting around a living rooom watching the Super Bowl together?


    The Dallas Cowboys!

    Just thought I'd share a joke my dad told today. I guess you could change it to any team in any state, but I laughed.

    Love you Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,

    I find the above joke to be both inappropriate and offensive. I highly suggest banning the poster.

    ReplyDelete